About Domino's Pizza
Domino's 101: Basic Facts
PIZZA, PRODUCT & MENU:
- 85% of the items on Domino's menu are new since 2008.
- There are more than 34 million ways to create a single Domino's pizza.
- Pepperoni is the most popular U.S. pizza topping, followed by mushrooms, sausage, ham and green peppers.
- Breadsticks were the first national nonpizza menu item offered at Domino's, in 1992.
- Domino's World's Fastest Pizza Maker Pali Grewal can make three large pizzas in just 39.17 seconds.
STORE & FRANCHISE OWNER FACTS:
- Domino's is 96% franchise-owned.
- Domino's has about 1,000 independent franchise owners in the U.S.
- More than 90% started their careers as drivers or assistant managers.
- Domino's delivery experts cover 10 million miles each week in the U.S. alone.
INTERNATIONAL & GLOBAL FACTS:
- Domino's delivers more than 1 million pizzas a day worldwide.
- Domino's operates 10,988 stores in more than 70 countries around the world (Q1 2014).
- More than half of Domino's sales now come from outside the U.S.
- 2013 global retail sales: $8 billion ($3.8 domestic, $4.2 international).
- Domino's International has experienced 81 consecutive quarters (20 consecutive years) of positive same store sales growth (Q1 2014).
- Domino's currently holds the #1 pizza delivery & carryout market position in 38 markets, including 7 of our 10 largest: U.K., India, Mexico, Australia, South Korea, Turkey and France.
- Domino's largest markets are the following (by number of stores as of Q1 2014):
- U.S. – 4,986
- U.K. – 774
- India – 715
- Mexico – 592
- Australia– 509
- South Korea – 390
- Canada – 380
- Turkey – 374
- Japan – 300
- France – 227
- Netherlands – 144
BUSIEST DAYS FOR DELIVERY:
- Domino's sells more than 11 million pizza slices on Super Bowl Sunday, nearly 80% more than a typical Sunday.
- Super Bowl is followed by Halloween, New Year's Eve/Day and Thanksgiving Eve.
TECHNOLOGY & ONLINE:
- Domino's is consistently one of the top five companies in terms of online transactions, behind companies such as Amazon and Apple.
- 95% of smartphones are covered with the ordering app (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone 8)
- About 40% of Domino's sales in the U.S. come through our digital ordering channels
- 32 Domino's international markets feature online ordering
Online ordering at participating stores. ©2013 Domino's IP Holder LLC. Domino's®, Domino's Pizza® and the modular logo are registered trademarks of Domino's IP Holder LLC. "Coca-Cola", "Coca-Cola Zero", "Diet Coke", "Sprite" the Contour Bottle design, the Dynamic Ribbon are registered trademarks of The Coca-Cola Company.